Moscow. Sokolniki Park. The Contemporary Museum of Calligraphy. December 14, 2018.
On 7 September 2018, the director of the Contemporary Museum of Calligraphy, Alexey Shaburov, announced the launch of a new exhibition project called The Great Chinese Calligraphy and Painting, dedicated to the celebration of the 70th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between China and Russia.
The official presentation of the project for the officials, partners, and the press is scheduled for 14 December 2018, at 16:00 at the Contemporary Museum of Calligraphy on the premises of Sokolniki Exhibition and Convention Centre. Accreditation.
The aim of the presentation is to demonstrate the scale and significance of the project for Russia and China in the special ambiance of the unique art of calligraphy.
The guest list includes
- Mr. Li Hui — Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the People's Republic of China to the Russian Federation,
- Ms. Gong Jiajia — Director of Moscow’s China Cultural Center,
- Mr. Igor Morgulov — Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation,
- Ms. Alla Manilova — Deputy Minister of Culture of the Russian Federation,
- Ms. Lyubov Dukhanina — Deputy Chairman of the State Duma Committee on Education and Science,
- Federation Council Senator Sergey Mitin. Representative of the executive authority of the Novgorod Region
- Sergey Ryazansky — Hero of the Russian Federation, Pilot-Cosmonaut of the Russian Federation,
- Leadership of the Chinese Sharp-Pointed Nib Association, China’s largest, calligraphy association, represented by its President, Mr. Zhang Huaqing, Vice President Mr. Li Bing, Chairman of the Party Committee of the Association Mr. Xiong Jieying, the Association’s CEO Mr. Li Miaoyang,
- Leading calligraphers and artists, famous contemporary poets and musicians.
- Welcome speech from the Director of the Contemporary Museum of Calligraphy Mr. Alexey Shaburov,
- Welcome speeches by honorable guests of the event,
- Workshops by Chinese calligraphers Zhao Xueli, Qin Ling, Kong Lingmin, and Russian calligraphers Yuri Koverdyayev, Svetlana Molodchenko, Varvara Panteleyeva, and others.
- Musical performance of a Chinese artist playing the national instrument guqin,
- Presentation of Vadim Wolfson’s unique collection of 19th and 20th century nibs,
- Exhibition of Chinese archival handwritten greeting cards from the 1950s,
- Presentation of Chinese cuisine and a tea ceremony.
Guests will embark on a journey to discover “Calligraphic China”: all of its provinces from north to south, all the various styles, famous calligraphers and artists — all this and more await guests on 14 December 2018, at the Contemporary Museum of Calligraphy.
The presentation will be followed by a cocktail party for members of the media and guests of honour.
Presentation partners: Embassy of the People's Republic of China in Moscow, Chinese Cultural Center, Chinese Sharp-Pointed Nib Association
Organizers: the Contemporary Museum of Calligraphy, Sokolniki Exhibition and Convention Centre
*The event is by invitation only.